In many countries more and more people have to travel long distances to work every day Why is this the case What can be done to solve the problem

In many countries, more and more people have to travel long distances to work every day. Why is this the case? What can be done to solve the problem.

As transportation options have increased, the restriction on where people can work have been lifted. However, more and more people now face long commutes on a day-to- day basis.

The reasons of travelling long distances to work every day are obvious. One of the reasons is that the cost of accommodation in big city is extremely high. Sydney in Australia, for example, has many job opportunities and well payments, but the housing cost is higher than rural areas. Therefore, employees have no choice but live at places where far from city in order to get their ideal jobs. Apart from this, the transportation system is advanced. With the advancement of transportation in Australia, employees and workers tend to live at rural areas because the essentials is cheaper than in metropolis. As a result, travelling long distances to work is not a problem because metros speed is fast.

Fortunately, there are solutions can be used to solve these problems. To begin with, the government can provide allowance for the citizens. By simply providing housing allowance from Centrelink, citizens will be able to live in metropolis and reduce the distances to workplace. This also can reduce their financial burden living in city. Moreover, the government can encourage companies to move out of cities. If factories are located in rural areas, which means, varieties of job opportunity can be found at there. Consequently, local residents can travel a short distance where near their places instead of going to city for a far distance to work.

In conclusion, although there are some problems of people travelling long distances to work in their lives, I think that governments are in the best position to solve these issue by providing subsidies for the local people.

there are solutions can be used to solve these problems.
there are solutions which can be used to solve these problems.