More and more students are choosing to study at colleges and universities in a foreign country Do the benefits of studying abroad outweigh the drawbacks

More and more students are choosing to study at colleges and universities in a foreign country.
Do the benefits of studying abroad outweigh the drawbacks?

• Recently, there is an increase in the number of overseas students. In my opinion, studying at colleges and universities in a foreign country can not only bring a lot of advantages but also some disadvantages.
• The opinion to study abroad is attractive for several reasons. Firstly, students who have excellently academic abilities but were born in developing or underdeveloped countries will have a chance to study at a prestigious university in other developed countries. It can pave the way for them to integrate globally and have a better future, for instance, qualifications gained abroad can open doors to better job opportunities. Secondly, living in a foreign country can broaden students’ horizons in various aspects of life such as culture, customs, and so on. Furthermore, languages make a significant contribution to graduates to compete with others in job hunting. Studying overseas can be a factor influencing students in learning foreign languages naturally. For example, Japanese is considered one of the most difficult languages in the world but many foreigners can fluence in it because of studying or working in Japan for years.
• However, there are disadvantages for students as well as the country if this trend is more popular. As for students, they have to face significant barriers in living away from home, being independent of others in everything of life such as finding accommodation, household chores, and so on. Besides, it is difficult for them to be used to the host country’s culture and integrating with local people quickly, even experiencing culture shock. In the eyes of the country, many students study abroad can cause a serious problem which is called “brain drain” – a slang term indicating substantial emigration or migration of individuals. This problem can cause negative effects on the country by losing a core portion of valuable individuals.
• In conclusion, it seems to me that studying overseas is a double-edged issue that has to be evaluated in many aspects. However, I am opinionated that the benefits of it still outweigh the drawbacks.