In order to solve traffic problems Vietnamese government should tax private car owners heavily and use the money to improve public transportation What are the advantages and disadvantages of such a solution

In order to solve traffic problems, Vietnamese government should tax private car owners heavily and use the money to improve public transportation.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of such a solution

Many people said that the government should tax private car owners heavily and then use that money to improve public transportation to solve the traffic jams problems. This solution has many advantages and disadvantages. One obvious advantage is there will be traffic jams and the infrastructure can be improved. For example, more bridges can be built from tax revenue. One disadvantage is that people can’t commute by private cars in places where there is little or no public transportation. In rural areas, for instance, there is no bus or no train, and the roads are very small so people need cars to travel everywhere. In short, this solution has both plus and minus points.
The government needs to seriously consider this before officially issuing it.