In some countries an increasing number of people are suffering from health problems as a result of eating too much fast food It is therefore necessary for governments to impose a higher tax on this kind of food To what extend do you agree or disagree with

In today's world , in certain countries more and more people are suffering from health issues as a consequence of overeating fast food. It is considered by some that governments should impose a higher tax on this kind of food to bring this in control. I completely agree with this idea and in my opinion, governments ought to broadcast about severe health problems caused by fast food to inform as many people as possible.

It is undoubtedly that healthy citizens are very important to develop the country and the government should tax on fast food so that public becomes healthier, and it can bring about less consumption of this harmful food. As a result it prevents from obesity and health problems. If people have their daily diet with a consumption of fast food, they are likely to face the problem of obesity as well as cardiovascular disease because of fat that covered the heart. With the health problems the people works with low productivity and as a result this will affect the economy as well.

Broadcasting about how much problems can bring the fast food instead of advertising it is as important as imposing tax, because there is no better way to reach people than through television, popular culture and the internet. Consequently people will prefer home – cooked food which is healthier and rich with nutrients. Although people will benefit, companies will suffer.

In conclusion, I agree that with the higher taxes imposed on fast food, the number of people consuming fast food will decrease significantly and thereby the health problems faced by the people will decrease as a result.

Essays by the user: