Some people think that cities are the best place to live Others prefer to live in a rural area Compare advantages and disadvantages of living in a city and countryside

Some people think that cities are the best place to live. Others prefer to live in a rural area. Compare advantages and disadvantages of living in a city and countryside.

These days, for some people living in a big city is becoming increasingly popular. For other people, especially old ones, living in a rural area is the best place. As it is said, ,,Home sweet home'' and they have have been living there from their birth and do not want to change their childhood place. However, there are both pros and cons to do this. In this essay, I will discuss some reasons why the life in a city is so popular and some reasons why countryside is preferable.
On the one hand, some people prefer to live in a city because it broadens your horizons. Meeting new people, making friends with different cultures, a chance to know something new would be as an alternative. Furthermore, city center has various kinds of facilities like shopping malls, health care and sports centres, entertainment and food as well as educational places. However, living in the city has its negatives too. Air pollution and crime are the main drawbacks that make people stressfull. As a consequence of which people decide to move out of city centre.
On the other hand, life on a farmland has its benefits like freedom from traffic congestion and pollution free environment. This is the main reason why habitants in the agriculture are more healthier than people living in a city.
To sum up, living in a city is never easy. You need to weigh up the pros of broaden horizons, various facilities and the cons of air pollution and crimes on the road system. Personally, I believe that the positives in terms of personal growth eventually outweigh any negatives.