Some people think that internet has brought people closer together while others think that people and communities are become more isolated Discuss both sides and give your opinion

Some people think that internet has brought people closer together while others think that people and communities are become more isolated
Discuss both sides and give your opinion

People have divided opinions on the benefits of the internet, as some believe the availability of the internet has brought the world closer, while certain groups of people argue the opposite. There is no line dividing right or wrong here, as I believe these issues hold true depending upon the circumstances they are viewed upon, which are been described in the impending paragraphs.

The Internet is the driving factor for the development of modern communication technology, as the presence of the internet has allowed people living in separate corners of the world to send their messages in a matter of seconds. Nowadays, various means—as like video chats, instant message and voice calls—can be utilized to connect with anyone around the world, which is contributed solely by the internet. Moreover, people nowadays can learn any new skill, and have their queries answered in a matter of seconds, which would have taken a matter of days or even months if we go back a few decades.

On the other hand, the internet has made people across the globe nearer, it has brought a lapse of communication with the ones around us. Higher dependence of people on the internet has brought a decline in communication in-person. Studies show that more than 80% of people refer to the internet for consultation, rather than seeking personal advice from a person they know, leading to people having lesser interaction with others in-person. Furthermore, serious issues including lack of confidence, antisocial personality disorders, increased anxiety, et cetera have been increasingly seen in the young people generally attributed with addiction to the internet, which exemplifies the negative aspects brought in communication.

Summing things up, the internet in some ways has bridge the gap in between the world by bringing an ease to communication, yet greater reliance to it has made people less sociable hampering their in-person interaction. Though a plethora of issues have risen, In my opinion the positives brought by through the internet can not be glossed over, as there is no doubt for the role played by the internet in bringing people closer.