Some people who have been in prison become good citizen later Some people think that they are the best people to talk to school students the danger of committing a crime To what extent do you agree or disagree

Some people who have been in prison become good citizen later. Some people think that they are the best people to talk to school students the danger of committing a crime. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Many criminals nowadays become good citizen after being released from prison. Many educators think they are the people most suitable to talk to children about the dangers of committing crimes. Personally, I agree with this idea.
It is a fact that the way children are educated about the consequences of crime committing is boring. The usual approach which is having teachers citing laws is very theoretical. Having police officers sharing their crime fighting experience only show one side of the story. Which is why having ex-convicts sharing their own stories and how they turned to be good citizens would definitely be an eye-opening experience for children. Furthermore, this approach compliments well with the trial- and –error teaching method which is an efficient learning approach for most children. Specially, the student is enable to see someone who did a wrong thing but then realized their wrong-doings and strive to become better.
It is understandable why there are concerns about having ex-cons being close with the children. However, these concerns should not be concerned at all. First of all, the rehabilitation of prisoners is an extremely difficult but efficient process. Therefore, the ex-cons are very vastly likely to become law abiding citizens. They will not harm the children before, during or after talking to them. Secondly, the meeting will always be supervised strictly by teachers and security guards.
In conclusion, although many would think having ex-criminals sharing experiences to children can be harmful, I think that this is a creative way to educate children on the dangers of breaking the law.