TOPIC With a growing world population one of the most pressing issue is that of feeding such a large number of people Some people think that GM foods offer a viable solution to this problem To what extent do you agree or disagree

TOPIC: With a growing world population, one of the most pressing issue is that of feeding such a large number of people. Some people think that GM foods offer a viable solution to this problem.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

The fast pace of population growth in many countries has brought up many issues, in which the major one is the ability to provide enough food for people. It is thought by some that genetically modified (GM) food can help to resolve the problem. I agree with this statement for various reasons.

First of all, genetically modified foods are easy to be produced in quantity. Scientists and companies, nowadays, grow the biotech crops in highly advanced fields with strict control on the soil, water, or light source. These supervised conditions are proven to ensure the rate and quality of food production is efficient. To illustrate, all potatoes can now become bruise-free – without biotechnology, this wouldn't have been possible. Therefore, if the governments allocate more resources to the GM food industry, it will satisfy the increasing demand for the population.

Secondly, consumers can enjoy the benefits of having more nutritional food. Since scientists can alter the genetic codes of crop species, they can bring in the desirable sources of nourishment that we need. For instance, golden rice contains more vitamin A, which improve the immune system, the skin, and vision of human. It also means that people can have smaller meals but still having good, or even better health. Many people raise concerns about the negative effect of GM food; however, all products gain approval from the government before reaching the consumers.

It is evident to claim that GM foods will play a key role in the modern world. It provides a consistent and sufficient supply to the upsurge in the size of society. Furthermore, this type of food will be healthier than before.