Authenticity of Coins

Authenticity of Coins

Both the presented reading article and passage discussed the authenticity of the European silver coin with the discovery dated back to the eleventh century found on the archaeological site of the particular location in the United States. Whilst the author of the passage claims that the maintained historical evidence of the silver coins is bogus for three specific reasons, the lecturer contends the author claims simultaneously for each reason. In her opinion, the evidence presented is not a hoax and opposes the claim made by the author which is discussed in detail in the following paragraphs.

The author, in reading, begins by mentioning that the Native American site, where the coins were discovered is located at a very distant location—specifically, a thousand kilometers away from the Norse settlements in Canada, an area where coins were deemed to be connected with. The lecturer, however, refutes the claim made by the author stating that many other objects dissimilar to the coins were found the Native American site with the marked historical evidence from same place where coins were considered to stem from. Additionally, she argues that the Norse people were fond of travelling to the distant locations; thus, they might have travelled at Native American Site during any point of the history.

The writer further asserts that it is improbable for Norse to bring the coins to North American settlement since there was no any additional coins discovered on the Canadian sites. On the other hand, the writer questions the claim made by the author and posits that Norse people were not the permanent inhabitant of the particular area. On top of that, she adds during the voyage Norse could have packed all their corresponding the belongings, including coins which may falsify the claim of the author.

Lastly, the article addresses that although the coins were native to their places, they would have been clear about the inapplicability of the European coin in the American site, since the Native Americans did not accepted silver coins as money. As opposed to the articles opinion, the lecturer states that there was higher possibility of the Native Americans not considering the silver coins as the other things than money. Additionally, she postulates that silver coins were quite attractive one and Native Americans could have used them in the necklaces and jewelry as a traits of beaty in it.

To summarize, the writer and speakers have opposite views on the authenticity of the history of silver coins. On this topic, it’s evident that it will be hard for both of them on finding the common ground.