Edmontosaurus' migration

Edmontosaurus' migration

The reading pesents some evidence which indicates that the elephant-sized dinosaurs called Edmontosaurus survived the harsh winter by migrating South to more hospitale regions. The professor, however, challenges the ideas and refutes all the claims made in the article.

First, the author asserts that Edmontosaurus's diet was exclusively plants. Since there would have been no plants available during month of total darkness, they had to migrate South. In contrast, the lecturer argues that the summer climate were approperiate for plants to grow and there was sun shining twenty hours a day. Thus, the plant had left nutritous extent for Edmontosaurs.

Futhermore, the writer states that Edmontosaurs' skeleton reveals that they lived in herd and like many other modern-day animals, they would have migrated. The speaker, on the other hand, contends that these moden-day animals migate for various reasons including extra protection from predators. In addition, there are many other animals which live in herd but they do not migrate.

Finally, the passage says that since these animals could run very fast, they were physically capable of migratign long distances. Conversely, the lecturer posits that although they had these locomotive power, their children had not the ability to move in such a high speed. Therefore, the youth must stay there, which is impossible.