Essay topics TPO 04 Integrated Writing TaskEndotherms are animals such as modern birds and mammals that keep their body temperatures constant For instance humans are endotherms and maintain an internal temperature of 37 C no matter whether the envi

The reading and the lecture are both about arguments whether dinosaurs were endotherms or not. While the author of the article argues that there some evidence supports the idea dinosaurs were endotherms, the lecturer disputes the claim mentioned in the article.
According to the reading, Polar dinosaurs has to be endotherms to be alive in cold weather. Because the body temperature needs stay nonfluctuating. This argument is challenged by the lecturer. She claims that polar area was warmer than today, even reptile can be able to survive there back then. Additionally, even when the temperature is low, dinosaurs can hibernate or migrate to warmer area.
Secondly, the author suggests by having legs underneath the body, dinosaur can have advantage in move in high speed. Hence, being endothermy helps dinosaurs can run efficiently. The lecturer, however, asserts that dinosaurs do not need to be fast. In contrast, the position of the legs creates a chance for dinosaur to grow lager. This already be an advantage against other animals.
Finally, the authors put forth the idea that in dinosaur's bone structure, there are canals house nerves and blood vessels. This characteristic allows dinosaur to grow rapidly like endothermy. In contrast, the lecturer's stance is besides of Haversian canals, dinosaurs also have another characteristic in bone structure. This allows their body grow rate can be fluctuate in cycle, unsteady. This is a concrete characteristic of reptiles.

Essays by the user: