TPO 06 Integrated Writing Task Communal online encyclopedias represent one of the latest resources to be found on the Internet They are in many respects like traditional printed encyclopedias collections of articles on various subjects What is specifi

The reading and the lecture are both about debate on encyclopedias based on online community and traditional contributors. While the author of the article claims that printed encyclopedia is better than online one, the lecturer disputes the statement mention in the article. Her position is that online-community-based cyclopedia is an innovation compared to traditional one.

First and foremost, according to the reading, the author mentions that online cyclopedia is lack of academic experience. The article writes that cyclopedia's information made by community might be false. This argument is challenged by the lecturer. She claims that cyclopedia on Internet has detailed citations. Hence, it is easier for reader to check the fact. Comparing with traditional way, errors in cyclopedia is impossible to be checked fixed.

Secondly, the authors suggests that the nature of online cyclopedia creates a chance for bad people to changes. The article notes that this change can be difficult for readers to realize. The lecturer, however, notes that online cyclopedia has some mechanisms to protect the content. For example, some important text can be put to read-only mode which will prevent tampering. Moreover, articles on Internet cyclopedia are governed by special editors who monitors and eliminate false changes.

Finally, the author put forth the idea that community-based cyclopedia does not focus on important topics. In traditional one, the author states that it is likely to concentrate on crucial fields. In contrast, the lecturer stance is cyclopedia made by mass people has wide range of interests since its unlimited space. In printed cyclopedia, it has finite space, hence, it has to rotate surround critical topics. Therefore, online cyclopedia is useful for diverse people's preference.