tpo 1 integrated writing

Both the lecture and passage revolve around the working hours of employees. while the passage mentions the merits of a four-day workweek, the professor gives a lecture that contradicts the passage.

To begin, the passage notes that the companies profit by reducing staff’s working days and it would enlarge the revenue. On the other hand, the lecture opposes the opinion by saying that whether the employees work four or five days, the company is responsible to provide their medical and training aid and the money which is spent for this purpose does not change.

To continue, the author claims that staff with fewer working hours are likely to work more efficiently and fewer errors would occur. However, the professor argues that hiring new employees charges the corporation. In addition, they would hope their new staff is capable of doing the same amount of work as their five-days staff which is not possible.

Eventually, the passage asserts the idea that by working four days a week, workers are more able to spend their time with their family and do leisure activities which may enhance their lifestyle. whereas the lecture counters the opinion by describing that more free time can reduce their life quality. They may also be neglected for job promotions since managers are more willing to promote and choose workers with more working hours.