tpo 33 integrated task

tpo 33 integrated task

The reading and the lecture give information about the Carved stone balls. While the reading suggests some theorties behind the purpose or the meaning of those stone balls, the lecture refutes all the theories and the hypotheses provided by the reading passage

First, the lecture mentions that weapons show sighn of use and weares when it use for hunting or fighting. In contrast to the reading, the Carved stone balls have no sighns of craks or loese parts that can support that they were used as a weapons.

Second, in contrary to the belife in the reading that the stones were used as a primitive system for weight and measures, the lecture says that the stone massive size can not support the theory that suggests the stones were used as part of primitive system for weights and measures. Each stone has a different density, material composition. Therefore each one has a different weight. Thus, they can not be use as a measuring wieght.

Finally, the preofesser emphasizes that it is unlikely that the stone are served as a social purposes. He explain that the marks on the stone are simple and can not represent important statues of their owners. In addition, opposet to the British buried tradation during the Neolithic period, non of the stones marked with tune or graves that indicated the owners social statues or name. Therefore, they are not represent social statues of practical or unilitarian one. Thus, this was another point where the lecture opposes the suggestion in the reading passage.

Overall, it seems that the lecture showed that there are discrepancies in the points illustrated in the reading material.