TPO 33 Integrated Writing Task

The reading and the lecture have a discussion on the use of stone balls. The article suggests three potential theories. On the contrary, the lecturer considers none of them would be persuasive with certainty.
First, the author claims that stone balls were weapons, used for fighting and hunting. However, it has strongly been opposed by the professor with new proof. The professor says that if the stone balls were used as weapons, there would be damage on the surface, but such evidence does not been found. That is why the opinion of the reading has been challenged heavily.
Moreover, the author mentions that the stone balls were systems of weight and measure. On the other hand, the lecturer asserts that the stone balls are not uniform in size. For instance, some of them have different weights and densities, Which shows that they were made by diverse materials, which is differs the reading as well.
Finally, the reading believes that the stone balls played an important role for the owner as a social purpose, while the professor in the listening material maintains that the shape of the stone balls is too simple to prove that they are for social status. In addition, no stone balls were found in the high-ranking people's graves, Thus, the reading passage has been refuted again.
Therefore, the speaker departs totally from the opinions on the topic made in the reading.