TPO 33 Integrated Writing Task

TPO-33 - Integrated Writing Task

The author propose three hypothesises for purpose and meaning of craved stoneballs found in Scoltand. In contrast, the professor explains that these artifacts have a different meaning and purpose and disclaims every speculation.
First, these stones were weapons for hunting and fighting. The professor explains that if they were for hunting purpose, they must have had sings of wire. In addition, she says that the surface of the balls is too smooth, while a thrown balls must have cracks on it or there must be peaces of broken balls.
Second, the balls were used as a standard units of weighting and measuring. However, the lecturer tells us that the balls don't have uniform masses. Because there were manufatured from different rocks such as sandy and griven rocks that has different densities. Because of that their weight was
Third, the craved stone balls served as a social purpose. On the other hand, the professor claims that the balls were too simple for such a purpose. Also, she explains that people of this region buried possitions of a high rank person with their body, while scientists haven't found these balls in graves and tumbs.