TPO 7 Ecocertification for wood companies

The reading and the lecture are both about eco-certification of wood. The author of the reading states that wood companies in the United States won't be looking forward to obtain eco-certification whereas the lecturer suggests completely opposite. The lecturer casts doubts on the main points presented in the reading using three examples.
Preeminently, according to the reading the American consumers do not pay much attention or give value to the advertising of eco-certification label. The author elaborates that, this is the case because Americans are heavily exposed to advertising and every now and then there is a "new" or "improved" version of mediocre product. However, the lecturer disputes this points. He claims that Americans distinguishes well enough between ads made by the companies on their own and made by independent certification agencies.
By the same token, the reading states that eco-certified wood will be certainly more expensive and Americans are strongly motivated by price and henceforth, would choose a cheap one. Nevertheless, the lecturer refutes this argument. He asserts that this is the case only when the pricing difference between two products is quite high. In addition to this, he also elucidates that a marginal pricing difference of five percent which is the case for eco-certified wood won't affect the consumers much.
In winding up, the reading contends that receiving a certification by the companies made sense if they wish to sell their products abroad. Author further explains that these companies mostly sell their products in United States and have accomplished a large customer base which is satisfied. In contrast, the lecturer's stance is that they should pursue certification to improve there chances of foreign competition.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.