Psychology is a natural science that describes and explains the physiological and sensory aspects of human behavior. It studies the causes, conditions, and immediate consequences of sensations and emotions. Psychologists view the human mind as a function

Psychology is a natural science that describes and explains the physiological and sensory aspects of human behavior. It studies the causes, conditions, and immediate consequences of sensations and emotions. Psychologists view the human mind as a function of the brain. Thought is a result of chemical and mechanical laws that govern brain action. All human cognition is the result of physiological processes that can be observed and measured. A variety of computational models provide tools for studying the functional organization of the mind.

Because psychology is a natural science, it is based on objectively verified facts and the application of the scientific method. Psychologists conduct controlled experiments in a laboratory in order to support their basic assumptions and develop theories. Experimenters use several types of measurements, such as rate of response, reaction time, and level of neural activity in various areas of the brain. Psychologists use inductive methods to derive general principles from specific facts. They aim to acquire a body of facts and laws about the human mind.

Psychology has a number of related subfields, all of which are primarily concerned with the biological bases of behavior and mental states. For example, behavior neuroscientists use animal models, typically rats, to develop theories about the neural and cellular mechanisms of human behavior. Cognitive neuroscientists study the neural aspects of psychological processes in humans. Neuropsychologists study specific aspects of mental impairment caused by brain damage or disease.

Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they contrast with specific points made in the reading passage.

Essay topics in audio

Both the reading and the listening discuss psychology. The article states that it describes and explains the aspect of human behavior. However, the lecture contrasts with specific points made in the reading passage. The professor says that it is a social science.

The first point the professor makes is that it studies the relation of the mind. She elaborates that it is not just physiological behaviour. As an example she says that it is a human behavior as well. This point contrasts the point made in the reading. The latter states that physiological process is cognition which is the process of observation and measurement.

Furtheremore, the professor points out that it affects social factors. She explains that it affects the understanding and the interaction. To illustrate the socialization between individuals. This contrasts the information from the reading. According to the passage psychology verifies facts with scientific method and make experiments to develop theories.

Finally, the lecture states that the interpretation phenomena is impossible direct to the mind. As the speaker has it, there are quantitative and non-quantitative data to develop theories. For instance, the social science is divided in subfields like integration mental, process and human behavior. This point contrasts the readings key point. According to the reading subfield is biological behavior.