You have some library books that you are unable to return as a member of your family in another city has fallen sick and you have to go and look after them.

Dear Sir,

Am Lateef Adetutu one of the student of this great institution, University of Lagos from physiotherapy department and my library identification number is PT/0502. Am really sorry for what am about to say because it is not in my character to signed for a book in the library and not return it at the stipulated date, the reason is beyond my power.

Sir,I just received an emergency call from Abeokuta saying that my uncle had a stroke and has been rushed to a nearby government hospital. There is nobody staying with him because he lost his wife and his only child in a car accident, and since then have been his adopted daughter. I will like to quickly rushed down to check on him so as to know if he is out of danger stage and also give give him my moral support and by so doing I will not be able to return the books I collected from the library now.

Am really sorry for any inconvenience that this might cause,thou am aware of the rules and regulations governing taken away of books from the library and one of it is, it must be returned one week after collection date of which I have three days left and there is a fine of five thousand naira for not bringing it on that day.

Sir,that is why am writing to inform you on my predicament and if I may be pardon of the fine, I shall return it immediately I get back. Thanking you for a favourable response.

Yours faithfully,
Signature
Lateef Adetutu