should students of all ages have homework

should students of all ages have homework?

Do you know the reason why every student dread the last five minutes of class? No? Well, it's quite obvious really; this is the time when homework is assigned. What do you think when you hear the word, ‘Homework'? Do you think that homework is needed, and should students of all ages have homework? Homework should be limited because homework does not have as much value as we think it does, there are several negative effects of homework, and the amount of unnecessary homework is much more than before.
First of all, homework does not have value. There is no correlation whatsoever between the amount of homework given and achievement for students the correlation is weak and disappears when advanced statistical measures are used (Alphie Kohn). Furthermore, Duke University homework expert Harris Cooper concluded that homework does not improve academic capabilities for kids in grade school after studying several studies. These studies show that homework is not necessary and has almost no value. Actually, according to education expert Alfie Kohn, a large portion of assigned homework is usually just a worksheet continuation of a lesson; homework that kids just mindlessly finish without learning the meaning or the value of the topic. All of this shows that homework is not as valuable as we think it is.
Second, students are always complaining about homework. Either they have too much, they're tired and don't want to do it, or it's too hard. It's a major topic that kids think about. Which poses the question: to what extent does homework benefit students? Well, it clearly does not benefit students for three reasons that we will see. We can see that, first of all, it causes stress in a household, which is counterproductive to learning. Second, excess homework damages the human brain in both children and teenagers, and third, it takes time away from hobbies or passions, family time. Homework is always stressful.
Finally, giving too much homework puts pressure on students. People, normally adults, usually say that homework is the best way for students to improve themselves outside of class time. Yet, they don't think much about the feelings of the students who were put under the pressure of homework overload. I didn't say homework is bad academically. In fact, it is really good for students to understand their lesson better by doing work by themselves as long as they are not overloaded anyway. Thus, my thought is teachers shouldn't give too much homework to their students because it would cause a great deal of stress, making the students less interactive with their families, and spend too much time doing the homework. I'm pretty sure if you had to do homework after work you would be pretty upset. Definitely, I do not think homework is the best way to make students be successful in study.
In conclusion, although doing a lot of homework helps me enhance my knowledge, I can't agree that I should have to do more at home. This puts a lot of strain on pupils. Hence, I think that it should only be assigned by a teacher in the event that it is no longer possible for students to learn in the classroom. Therefore, homework should not be given to the students in school.