TOEFL essay Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Games are as important for adults as they are for children Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Without a shadow of, games, joyness of human's life, has been attached great importance and even sparks off intense debate over whether they are as crucial for grownups as they are for younger generations. Once thinking about games, in numerous people's opinion, they are perceived as entertainment for kids. Contrary to these people's viewpoint is my perspective that games are as important for adults, due to their benefits to stress releasing and skill building.

What's must be prioritized is that games are one of the great stress management tools, mainly as a consequence of enjoyment. When playing games, players will be so engaging that they distract from their daily stresses. Additionally, playing games with family and friends can get you to feel relaxed and stress free. This is best demonstrated by my personal experience. When I was in high school, I was so stressed about the college entrance examination that I couldn’t focus in classes neither sleep well. I talked to my friends and my seniors about my concern but it didn’t help. Accidentally, I saw an advertisement of a game called ROV and thought it was interesting so I gave it a try. After playing the game, it turned out that I felt relaxed and didn’t feel so stress any more.

What equally worth discussing is that not only provide entertainment, playing games can also help to improve useful skills. Nowadays where the world has become more globalized, second or even third language plays an important role in career development. Playing games is an efficient way to learn new languages. To explain further, rather than reading textbooks or memorizing vocabularies, playing games is fun and entertaining. For instance, there’s the game on the mobile phones called ez language. In this game, I can memorized a bunch of new Chinese characters and short phases by its user friendly interface, well-designed quizzes and theme of cartoon movies. All of this provided me a very enjoyable learning experience which horned my skills in Chinese.

In conclusion, I am of the opinion that games are as beneficial for adults as they are for kids. This is because games are not only for an entertainment purposes but also help with stress reduction and skills development.

Essays by the user: