Wrting Integrated Task:-
Summarize the main points of the reading passage and explain how the points made in the lecture cast doubt on them. Write for no more than 20 minutes.....
Testbig I didn't get the reading passage in text format which is from Barron's writing. So I've attached an image of reading passage using which you can evaluate easily.....
Sorry for inconvenience.
In the lecture, professor provided several points describing, use of cell phone is not the major factor behind road accidents. She argued that there are various other factors which majorly lead to road accidents. However, this is different from the reading passage which states that use of cell phone is the major reason behind the road accidents. Professor using various points cast doubt on the passage.
Firstly, talking on the cell phone is not major reason for road accidents. Professor told that the major factors behind the distraction while driving are carelessness while driving, talking to passengers, eating while driving, drowsiness. Professor told that talking on a cell phone can also be considered as a factor but it is difficult to consider it is a major factor for road accidents. But in the passage it is given that the major factor behind road accidents is talking on the cell phone which basically, distracts the driver’s attention. This was another part where passage contradicts the lecture.
Secondly, lecture said that there are also various other reasons which are used for safety purpose, but ultimately leads distractions while driving like using GPS. GPS facility which is used to understand the path leads to the lot of distraction. Also, some drivers have video display facility in there automobiles or radio in their cars, so while changing the channels they got distracted and accident occurs. This point given in lecture also contradicts the content written in the passage.
Thirdly, passage suggests that due to increase in accidents, laws have been passed restricting the use of cell phone while driving. However, professor said that cell phone for drivers or while driving is very important because it helps in making emergency calls. Professor told that while driving if automobile breakdown occurs or felt with an accident etc. then it is easy for a driver to contact someone for emergency help, the response time will definitely be less in this case. These several points make the professor to cast doubt on the passage which describes that cell phones leads to road accidents and should be prohibited while driving.
- Some people choose a career according to the social status and salary it will give them. Others choose a career according to whether they will enjoy the work. So which do you think is the best way to choose career.Give reasons for your answers and include84
- Argument Essay:-->In an attempt to improve highway safety, Prunty County last year lowered its speed limit from 55 to 45 miles per hour on all county highways. But this effort has failed: the number of accidents has not decreased, and, based on reports by76
- Argument Essay:->To serve the housing needs of our students, Buckingham College should build a number of new dormitories. Buckingham's enrollment is growing and, based on current trends, will double over the next 50 years, thus making existing dormitory s49
- Issue essay:->In any field of inquiry, the beginner is more likely than the expert to make important contributions.50
- You are working for a company. You need to take some time off work and want to ask your manager about this.Write a letter to your manager. In your letter•explain why you want to take time off work• give details of the amount of time you need• sugges80
Testbig I didn't get the reading passage in text format which is from Barron's writing. So I've attached an image of reading the passage using which you can evaluate easily.....Sorry for inconvenience.
Thank you for attaching the text.
No. of Words: 351 250 (write the essay in 20 minutes)
The introduction and the first paragraph have a lot of repetitive words which can be removed.
While the third and fourth paragraph are great.
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 26 in 30
Category: Very Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 17 12
No. of Words: 351 250
No. of Characters: 1769 1200
No. of Different Words: 156 150
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.328 4.2
Average Word Length: 5.04 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.448 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 127 80
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 103 60
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 56 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 43 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 20.647 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 7.514 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.706 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.386 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.566 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.115 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 4