Recommendation Letter

Recommendation Letter

Dear admission officers,

My name is Cheng Wang, professor at College of Electronic and Information Engineering Computer Science of Tongji University. I am writing this letter to recommend Ms. Zhuoyi Huang to your graduate program as I believe her academic and research merit makes her a strong candidate.

Zhuoyi took my Discrete Mathematics class during her sophomore year and received Distinction grade for this class. Not only did she achieve flying colors in almost every quizzes and exams, her curiosity about the unknown and efforts to solve problems as demonstrated by her in-depth questions and discussion with me deeply impressed me. During our conversation, I got to know that Zhuoyi has research interest in machine learning and then I invited her to join my research group to work on the natural language processing project. She was responsible for the construction of word embedding models and had developed a deep understanding of the design of annotation schemes of the Penn Treebank through literature reading and hands-on experience.

Aside from her academic excellence, Zhuoyi has demonstrated strong leadership skills through extracurricular activities. As I am one of the committee members of ACM TURC, I invited her to assist me with the voluntary work of reception at the conference 2018 and she did a more than terrific job in the volunteer role. I noticed that she was able to hold conversations with the guests at the conference, which demonstrated that she has been following the latest research in the field of artificial intelligence. I genuinely believe her passion for the field will serve as long-lasting motivation for her pursuit in academics and research.

In short, Miss Zhuoyi Huang is a competent candidate for graduate studies because of her outstanding academic capability and distinguished leadership skills. I highly recommend this student to your program and wish her the very best in whatever future endeavors she pursues.

Sincerely,
Cheng Wang
Professor
Tongji University