Statement of purpose

Statement of purpose

First of all, I would like to express my thanks for your time and consideration of my student visa application. My name is Viet Ha Bui, born in February 1999 and grew up in Thanh Hoa City, Vietnam. I graduated high school with a sound result in 2017. My goal is to study nursing abroad. With my current academic background, I have been accepted to study at Fanshawe College with the following study plan:
+ PHS2 - Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees
+ PNG5 - Practical Nursing
Start Date: September 08, 2020; End Date: April 30, 2024
I choose Nursing as my future career
I had always wished to study abroad with the hope that it would bring me a wealth of experience and knowledge. However, I was not particularly interested in any area. After high school graduation, while self-studying the English language for the Ielts exam, I went back and forth in some area by working part-time at companies. There, I had the opportunity of meeting many people from different backgrounds with diverse thoughts and ideas. I love listening to them as well as helping people in finding the solution to their problems, and also taking care of both my co-workers and customers. Then I came home and accompanied my mother, a well-experienced and admirable doctor, to her now owning medical clinic for one year and realized that my passion is helping people, especially with their well-being. So I know then that nursing is the career that suits best with what I intended to do. It’s a career that helps you save lives, bring happiness to individuals, and comfort to those in need.
Moreover, my parents who are both doctors have taught me the importance of nurses in the healthcare system of every nation. It is a well-respected job and always in high demand. Personally I believe that it would be a privilege to be able to perform such a highly specialized set of healthcare skills not only in working environments such as hospitals and clinics but also in my daily life to help my family and friends.
I choose Canada to be my destination
Canada is an ideal place for higher education studies, according to many of my friends and acquaintances. After some careful research, I have too decided that Canada is the most suitable place for me to fulfill my dream of studying abroad. It covers all ingredients to help me achieve what I have planned for my future career: excellent academic training, the safe and diverse environment and a friendly cultural life.
Fanshawe is the school that I want to attend and implement my study plan
Fanshawe College is located in a beautiful and safe city, London, with an affordable living cost in comparison with many other Canadian cities. London is also known as the Forest City with numerous treed areas and public parks providing a green and clean environment that I surely will enjoy living in.
Furthermore, Fanshawe is one of Ontario’s largest colleges with four campuses, they offer degree, diploma, certificate and apprenticeship programs to 43,000 students each year, helping people unlock their potential and achieve success in a variety of disciplines. I believe that courses here will help me establish my goal as well.
In The Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees program, I will be well prepared with subject areas relevant to my chosen health career program, which is Practical Nursing. I expect myself to successfully complete this program with a high GPA so as to be eligible for admission consideration in the immediately following academic year to the Practical Nursing program.
If so, for the next 2 years, I will be enrolled in the Practical Nursing program, in which I will be learning about anatomy, nutrition and pharmacology, as well as how to work as an autonomous and collaborative partner with clients and other health care providers, and to do so effectively within the practical nurses' professional role and scope of practice. This is what I am always curious for and fascinated to acquire in an academic environment.
During and after my study duration
With the clear and legitimate study purpose, my parents agree with my study in Canada and will pay for all arising expenses of my courses. They know that courses in Canada are in high quality and that they are making a worthy investment decision. In Vietnam, as the population is aging, health problems keep posing and deadly viruses keep spreading, so more health services are needed to handle those. Qualified nursing has strong growth potential and will be in demand for years to come. After finishing my study in Canada, I will come back to help my parents with their clinic or apply to work in international hospitals here in Vietnam. With the knowledge obtained from an oversea professional degree, I hope to build a meaningful career by helping people improve their well-being.
I would highly appreciate it if you could consider and create favorable conditions for me to work towards my goal. Could you please assess and issue a visa for me soon so that I can enroll in programs at Fanshawe College timely. Thank you for your consideration.