Statement of purpose for Canada application

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

To: Consulate General of Canada in Vietnam

First of all, I would like to express my gratitude for your time and consideration of my student visa application. My name is Viet Ha Bui, born in February 1999 and grew up in Thanh Hoa City, Vietnam. I graduated high school with a good result in 2017. My goal is to study nursing abroad. Based on my current academic background, I have been accepted to study at Fanshawe College with the following study plan:
+ PHS2 - Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees
+ PNG5 - Practical Nursing
Start Date: September 08, 2020; End Date: April 30, 2024

In 2017, I took part in the National High School Exam and got accepted to Hanoi University of Science and Technology, which is a well-known and high-quality university in Vietnam. After one year of studying, I decided that I will go study abroad with the hope that it would bring me even a greater wealth of experience and knowledge as well as new challenges. I needed to focus on getting a targeted score on the IELTS exam to apply for a university/college overseas. During that time, I came home and assisted my mother, a well-experienced and admirable doctor, in her medical clinic as a part-time worker for one year. There, I had the opportunity to meet many people from different backgrounds with diverse thoughts and ideas. I love listening to them as well as helping people in finding the solution to their problems, and also taking care of both my co-workers and customers, especially with their well-being. I thus came to realize that nursing is the career that suits best with what I intended to do. It’s a career that helps you save lives, bring happiness to individuals, and comfort to those in need.
Moreover, my parents, who are both doctors, have taught me the importance of nurses in the healthcare system of every nation. It is a well-respected job and always in high demand. Personally I believe that it would be a privilege to be able to perform such a highly specialized set of healthcare skills not only in working environments such as hospitals and clinics but also in my daily life to help my family and friends.
Canada is an ideal place for higher education, according to many of my friends and acquaintances. After some careful research, I have too decided that your country is the most suitable place for me to fulfill my dream of studying abroad. It covers all ingredients to help me achieve what I have planned for my future career: excellent academic training, a safe and diverse environment and a vibrant cultural life.
Fanshawe College is located in a beautiful and safe city, London, with an affordable living cost in comparison with many other Canadian cities. London is also known as the Forest City with numerous treed areas and public parks providing a green and clean environment that I surely will enjoy living in.
Furthermore, Fanshawe is one of Ontario’s largest colleges with four campuses. It offers degree, diploma, certificate and apprenticeship programs to 43,000 students each year, helping people unlock their potential and achieve success in a variety of disciplines. I believe that courses here will help me achieve my goal.
In The Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees program, I will be well prepared with subject areas relevant to my chosen health career program, which is Practical Nursing. I am determined to successfully complete this program with a high GPA so as to be eligible for admission consideration in the immediately following academic year to the Practical Nursing program.
For the following 2 years, I will be enrolled in the Practical Nursing program, in which I will be learning about anatomy, nutrition and pharmacology, as well as how to work as an autonomous and collaborative partner with clients and other health care providers, and to do so effectively within the practical nurses' professional role and scope of practice. This is what I am always curious about and fascinated to acquire in an academic environment.
With a clear and legitimate study purpose, my parents agree with my study in Canada and will pay for all relevant expenses. They know that higher education in Canada is of high quality and that they are making a worthy investment decision. In Vietnam, as the population is aging, health problems keep arising and deadly viruses keep spreading, so more practitioners are needed. Qualified nursing has strong growth potential and will be in high demand for years to come. After finishing my study in Canada, I planned to come back to Vietnam to live close, keep a strong bond with my parents and take care of them with their health. Plenty of international hospitals are being built and grown in Vietnam (Vinmec Hospital, Hanoi French hospital, ect.) and surely they need nurses with the knowledge obtained from an overseas professional degree. I myself also hope to build a meaningful career by helping people in my country improve their well-being.
I would highly appreciate it if you could consider and create favorable conditions for me to work towards my goal. I look forward to your timely assessment so that I can enroll in my interested programs at Fanshawe College. Thank you for your consideration.
Your faithfully,