The speakers discuss two possible solutions to the woman’s problem. Describe the
problem and the two solutions. Then explain what you think the woman should do
Mary, I’m so glad I ran into you.
Oh hello, Professor Jensen.
Listen, I know it’s short notice . . . and maybe you’ve already made plans for spring break . . . but . . . one of my students just dropped out of the field trip to the Smithson River Caves. You’re next on the waiting list, so now there’s room for you to come along.
You’re kidding! [disappointed] I didn’t think there was a chance . . . and . . . well, it’s a three-day trip, right? I agreed to spend next week helping Professor Clark set up the new museum exhibition. I think she’s really counting on me.
Yeah, three days. But you know . . . if you’d rather come on the field trip, why not
speak with her and see if she has anyone to replace you?
Yeah, I’d hate to miss out on the caves. I’ll definitely ask Professor Clark if there’s someone else who could help her.
You know . . . we don’t leave until Wednesday. If you still have to help out, any chance you could get the museum setup done before then?
Oh yeah . . . not until Wednesday . . . so then yeah . . . maybe that’s possible too.
- Student 1(female): Matt, I need your help. Student 2(male): What do you need help with? Student 1: I need to talk with my advisor about my schedule for next semester, but he hasn’t been around lately. I don’t know what to do. Student 2: Well, why don’t yo 87
- Choose a teacher you admire and explain why you admire him or her. Pleaseinclude specific examples and details in your explanation. 70
- Do you prefer long-term trips or short-term trips? Use details and examples to support your explanation. 80
- Good News for Movie Fans The Student Association has just purchased a new sound system for the Old Lincoln Hall auditorium, the place where movies on campus are currently shown. By installing the new sound system, the Student Association hopes to attract 73
- ...Hacking: Crime or Service to Society?...In the world of computers, the term “hacker” gets two different responses. One hacker can be productively designing games, programs, and ways to improve security of information, while the other hacker tries to br 90
26 in 30
If it is possible then can you specify the defects