Some people belive that using animals to test the safety of human medicines is cruel and unwarranted whereas others feel it is a medical necessity Discuss both views and state your own opinion

Some people belive that using animals to test the safety of human medicines is cruel and unwarranted , whereas others feel it is a medical necessity .

Discuss both views and state your own opinion .

It is argued by some that it is unethical and inhumane using animals to test the effectiveness of new drugs while others are of the opinion of that it is crucial from medical point of view. Personally , I do not mind using animals for only to ensure the safety of humanity . In this essay I discuss both views and give my own opinion .

On the one hand , animal rights campaigners argue that animals have rights to live their lives peacefully . Many experiments cause discomfort , harm ,damage and even can lead to the death of animals . For example , to get know the fully efficiency of one drug , several laboratory mice and rats are given illness and if the experiment fails , these animals may die out . Therefore , opponents of this research are of the opinion that alternative ways of testing systems must be used such as computer simulation , instead of using animals in medical experiments .

On the other hand , the supporters of animal testing argue many treatments and medical procedures have developed because of the experiments on animals . Completely banning these medical activities on animals may prevent the invention of new vaccines and drugs to illnesses . They also point that alternative ways of testing do not measure efficiency of medicines exactly in most cases and argue opponents might feel differently if any of family members needed a treatment which had been development used animal testing . Personally , I believe that banning this type of experiments may eventually be disastrous for humanity

In conclusion , I agree that animal testing should be used for only the benefits of people until the new alternative methods of measuring medicines will be developed .