Topic 6Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold eno

Topic 6
Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enough, at least some of the year, for the ice to cover the sea separating the islands, allowing the deer to travel over it. Unfortunately, according to reports from local hunters, the deer populations are declining. Since these reports coincide with recent global warming trends that have caused the sea ice to melt, we can conclude that the purported decline in deer populations is the result of the deer's being unable to follow their age-old migration patterns across the frozen sea.

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

In this argument, the author concludes that because the deer cannot across the frozen sea, the number of deer decrease. To justify this claim, the author points that local hunters reported that there were decline in deer populations. And he also cites that global warming lead to the sea ice to melt, which interrupt the deer's old migration patterns. However, the author needs to provide some evidence which may help us to evaluate the argument.

First, we would need to know whether the reports from the local hunters are true. It is possible that there is no decline in deer populations. For the...