All too often, companies hire outside consultants to suggest ways for the company to operate more efficiently. If companies were to spend more time listening to their own employees, such consultants would be unnecessary.Write a response in which you discu

Consultancies have become more profuse in the country and their strategies are more than welcoming; companies are driven towards them, to employ them for the greater good. Though employers always go with the eponym - "Employees and customers are most important", this rarely holds true when it comes to pay hikes and other employee benefits which drives out money from the company. As the world becomes more and more industrialized, operating more efficiently and economically has become an important competing strategy in today's world.

Since employees have more information about the company and it's working environment, it may be in the best of company's interest to listen to the employees as a primary part of the strategy. In contrast, listening to them in entirety in the matter of economy and other monetary benefits may prove counterproductive. This is because, though there can be employees who are utmost sincere to the company, it is humane to crave for more money and snatch up maximum benefits from the companies. On the other hand, when it comes about technological advancements and other machinery replacement techniques, employees can be of utmost help. For instance, a software professional or an architect can help the company by suggesting softwares like Microsoft Servers, and can be of utmost use to the company and which might bring maximum profit to the company.

Consultancies are of use mainly it comes about money. Consultancies will be unbiased and apathetic in monetary cases. In case of technology and other operational matters, they might be able to provide a generalized opinion but personalizing the issues are more effectively done by employees. Thus employing consultancies to review and improve monetary and other related issues would be beneficial; though, ideas to improve company's operational strategies might come from the employees.

It can be concluded that the statement that the companies need not hire outside consultants to suggest ways to improve their operational efficiency cannot be agreed upon entirely. Getting ideas from employees about technology and other operations; as well as input from unbiased consultancies in monetary matters might help companies to reap more benefits by improving their efficiency.

Essays by the user: