As we acquire more knowledge things do not become more comprehensible but more complex and mysterious

As we acquire more knowledge, things do not become more comprehensible, but more complex and mysterious.

Knowledge is something that we learn across the way of our life span either through school and colleges (Academic knowledge) or through life experiences (Practical knowledge). Whichever it is as we grow up our learning and learning materials both expands. The prompt made a statement regarding the knowledge being more and more complex and mysterious as time goes by and I strongly agree with the statement that as we explore our curiosity and extend our academic life we get to know more and more about the complexity of a simple matter mainly for two reasons.

To begin, When we are in pre-school we merely get the idea about counting, pictorial identification of animals, vegetables etc. Let’s talk about math first, after pre-school students learn a bit deeper, like different types of counting methods. Then comes different kind of numbers like then comes the simple number and complex numbers which we used to call undefined numbers in pre-school naming “impossible” numbers. After that, if he or she chooses to major in mathematics in college for higher studies he or she will learn different kinds of formula and different kinds of equation and their usage. Most of these methods that the students will learn there have no usage in daily life so they seem very complicated and sometimes people get frustrated. Actually when you go to major in a subject it is not expected that you will use the learnings in your day to day life rather you will utilize your knowledge to solve different problems or come up with new solutions. But then again, they are important but of course complicated.

Next let’s step aside from academics and focus on our day to day life. People at their young age learn only a few survival knowledge like their very first learnings are something as simple as who is your mom, who is your dad, how to eat, how to sit etc. and as time goes and that toddler is not a toddler anymore rather a young boy, he needs to learn how to tasks by himself, he needs to learn to communicate with people, social manners, differentiation between good and bad including their consequences and adapt to it which is not very simple because in society people are different and to live in society you have to deal with these different kinds of people which is not simple at all! Moving on to the next chapter of life where you have to earn your bread and to earn your bread, you will need to work and to work you will need to learn first – yes going back to the academic complexity again.

Yes some may argue that, at some point things get comprehensible in school because it starts to make sense right? Like why the sky is blue, why we need to eat. Then again yes they start to make sense and they are right (after all of our learning has passes through some kind of experiments or analysis) but that doesn’t mean that they are simple. Rather as we go deep and deep to a topic we realize that there so much more to it that still unknown and mysterious!