Some say that reading newspapers and watching TV news is a waste of time because it has no direct connection with people s lives To what extent do you agree or disagree

Whether following news on television and newspapers is time-consuming or not is still a contentious topic. This can be justified by the fact that numerous people claim that those information does not related to their lives. Personally, I partly disagree with this statement.

On the one hand, due to the ubiquity and the low quality of tabloid journalism, those complaints from citizens are acceptable. For example, even though some bulletins about celebrities' lives can gain much attention from the youngsters, but most adults find those news ridiculous. However, myriads of newspaper and TV shows still use those news as they can bring them magnitude of revenue.

On the other hand, updating daily news via TV and newspapers still undoubtedly plays a pivotal role in every people's lives. Normally, political news is considered as the most unrelated information, yet it can have enormous effect on us. One of the justifications is the bond between politic and our daily lives. Some aspects that are persistent to our lives such as employment, petrol price will be severely influenced if there is any political conflicts occurring in the world. Besides, as long as we subscribe to official sources, we will always be able to receive quality information. Markedly, news on crimes is a telling example because of the increase in hardened criminals in the recent years. On account of being updated with emerging news everyday, we can protect ourselves and our families from unwanted issues.

In short, we can not deny that there are plethora of news considered as trash out there, but the importance of keeping updated can not belittled. As far as I know, I suggest that people should know how to read news in the most effective way.

Essays by the user: