The bar chart below shows the number of students who chose certain university subjects in 2005 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and making comparisons where relevant

The bar chart below shows the number of students who chose certain university subjects in 2005. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and making comparisons where relevant.

The bar graph below compares the number of students taking certain university subjects in 2005.
Overall, we can see that social studies language were the most popular courses for females, while science and mathematics remained favorite subjects for males.
In detail, around 24,000 females chose social sciences, considerably higher than the males at about 14,000.
Furthermore, the total was the maximum level compared to the other subjects.
Next come languages with approximately 18,000 for females compared to 2,000 for males, which is the lowest total for the year.
Sciences stood at just over 20,000, which was relatively twice as much as the females at around 10,000.
As for Mathematics, females stood at 4,000, which was nowhere near as close as males with 18,000.
On the other hand, the remaining subjects for both sexes are not as popular as the courses discussed.
Literature was chosen by 15,000 males, which was slightly larger than the 12,000 counterparts.