The bar chart below shows the number of students who chose certain university subjects in 2005 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and makes comparisons where relevant

The bar chart below shows the number of students who chose certain university subjects in 2005. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and makes comparisons where relevant.

The diagram compares how many pupils chose eight different university area studies in 2005. It is clear that women selected more social sciences than men on all eight subjects, while men elected more interest in sciences.

Looking firstly at females, the two highest numbers of students were social sciences and mathematics, at 24 and 19 thousand respectively. Literature and humanities were the same at 11 thousands. Turning to other lessons, sciences and the arts were very similar at approximately 10 thousand, while there were the smallest number of law and mathematics which were recorded at 5 and 4 thousand pupils consecutively.

However, Males had the highest figure for sciences with number’s standing at 22 thousands people, followed by mathematics around 19 thousands. The other subjects (Literature, social sciences, humanities, and law) were roughly similar, at between 10 to 15 thousand. Subsequently, the least languages (only 2 thousand votes) were picked in university subjects compared to others.