The bar chart shows the percentage of small medium large companies which used social media for business purposes between 2012 to 2016

The bar chart shows the percentage of small , medium, large companies which used social media for business purposes between 2012 to 2016.

The bar chart illustrates the percentage of social media advertisements, which are used for business in three types of companies between 2012 to 2016.
Overall, the proportion of using social media by large companies took the highest rate among the three kind of businesses.
First of all, in small businesses, nearly 30% of business purposes were used by social media in 2012 then rose slightly to 35% in 2014. However, this figure witnessed a decrease, which turned back to 30% in 2015 before growing significantly to nearly half in 2016. Similarly, the percentage of social media in medium businesses also increased from 30% to 49% in 2014 then fall back at 30% in 2015. In addition, there was a dramatic growth to over 50% of using social media advertisements in the last year. Finally, after holding around nearly 80% for three years, social media was used for business in large companies, which declined rapidly to 50% then increased to 79% in 2016.