The chart below shows the total number of Olympic medals won by twelve different countries Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant You should write at least 150 words

The chart below shows the total number of Olympic medals won by twelve different countries.

Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

You should write at least 150 words.

The bar graph illustrates the total amount of Olympic medals won by
twelve countries. The twelve countries consist of the USA, Russia, France, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Australia, Hungary, Japan, East Germany and China.

Overall, America has won the highest number of Olympic medals whereas, Japan has a smaller number of medals.

As seen in the bar diagram, there is a difference of around 1200 Olympic gold medals between America and Russia which consists of 2200 Olympic medals for the USA and 1000 Olympic medals for the Soviet Union. Followed by, Great Britain and France have won just above 500 Olympic medals whereas, Germany and Italy have won 500 Olympic medals. All remaining seven countries have won Olympic medals below 500 medals