The chart gives information about the percentage of overweight men and women in Australia from 1980 to 2010

The chart gives information about the percentage of overweight men and women in Australia from 1980 to 2010.

The bar chart illustrates the rate of corpulent adults of two sexes in Australia between 1980 and 2010.

Looking at the graph, it is immediately obvious that the percentage of both men and women who were obese rose during the research period. Additionally, the proportion of overweight males was significantly higher than females all the time.

In 1980, there were almost half of males being fat in Australia, compared to only 30% of females, which also were the lowest figures recorded during the survey period. Adding 10% into the total of portly girls in 1990 while that of boys still hovered around 50%.

However, in 2000 there was a huge increase in the rate of overweight men, up to 70%, before that slightly decreased about 3% in the final observe time. Meanwhile, the number of outsize women in Australia went up at the same rate as in 1990, exactly 50%, and remained unchanged in the next 10 years.