The charts below compare the age structure of the populations of France and India in 1984 Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make compa

The charts below compare the age structure of the populations of France and India in 1984.

Write a report for a university, lecturer describing the information shown below.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

The two charts illustrate the difference between the age structure of French and Indian in 1984.

Overall, there was a larger number of women in France in 1984, while both genders were equivalent in India.

As shown by the charts, females from 30 to 35 years old took up more than 4% of the population in France and this was the highest figure. Meanwhile, women who were older than 85 years old had the lowest percentage of 2%. Similarly, males in the range of 30 to 35 years old, 15 to 20 years old and 10 to 15 years old had the most significant percentage with around 4% of each. Men who were above the age of 85 reached a low of less than 1%.

By contrast, India obtained mostly newborns with around 7% for both males and females. But, the age group with the least notable percentage was that of people who were from 65 to 70 years old.