The charts below reveal the differences in reasons that motivated students to choose a college or university in the UK in 2008 and 2017 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The charts below reveal the differences in reasons that motivated students to choose a college or university in the UK, in 2008 and 2017.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The pie chart illustrates how the students choose the university in the UK based on five major reasons in 2008 and 2007. Units are measured in percentage.

Overall, it can be clear that students choosing the college in terms of the reputation of the university, sports, and other activities has increased in 2017 compared to 2008 whereas students' preference for other factors declined.

In 2008, the majority of children concentrated on suitable degree courses while selecting a university 38% and quality of teaching accounts for 30%. In contrast, which has reduced to 32% and 26% respectively by 2017. Moreover, 17% of pupils consider proximity to the parental home as the main reason while selecting the university in 2008 which declined to 13% in 2017.

The student's interest in sports and other activities was 7% at the beginning which rose to 17% by 2017. Furthermore, the reputation of the university comprised 8% of pupils' interest in 2008 which increased to 12% in 2017.