The charts below show the changes in ownership of electrical appliances and amount of time spent doing housework in households in one country between 1920 and 2019 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons

Between 1920 and 2019, the line graphs show how household ownership of various electrical appliances and time spent per week doing housework in the country changed. According to the first graph, the proportion of households that own these devices has increased over time, with every family owning both refrigerators and cleaners by 2019. The most significant change – vacuum overall was observed between 1920 and 1960; whereas the proportion of households with fridges increased markedly from nearly none to 90%, the proportion of households with washers and vacuums increased more- modestly, both reaching 70%. Following that, ownership of refrigerators reached 100 percent in 1980, and ownership of 1960 washing machines followed in 2000. Following that, ownership of 1960 washing machines was acquired. Vacuum cleaner ownership fell to around 65 percent in 1980 before recovering and reaching a high of 75 percent in 2019.

Essays by the user: