The Graph below shows average carbon dioxide CO2 emissions per person in the United Kindom Sweden Italy and Portugal between 1967 and 2007 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The line graph indicates mean carbon dioxide emissions per capita in four countries ( The United Kingdom, Sweden, Italy, and Portugal) over a 40-year period. In general, two of the listed countries, the United Kingdom and Sweden, showed decreasing trends over the period, while the other two, Italy and Portugal, exhibited an increasing trend.

More specifically, Portugal had the lowest CO2 emissions of any country in 1967 and stayed lower than all right up until the end. In addition, the emissions from the UK slightly declined from 1967 to 2007. Moreover, there was a noticeable rise in the CO2 emissions in Italy from approximately 4 tonnes to 8 tonnes.

Interestingly, Sweden demonstrated a rising trend from 1967 to about 1980, but then experienced a dramatic decline until 2007. Furthermore, despite illustrating a falling trendline, the United Kingdom still remained the top producer of carbon emissions throughout the entire 40-year period.