The graph below shows the number of tourists visiting a particular Caribbean island between 2010 and 2017 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The graph below shows the number of tourists visiting a particular Caribbean island between 2010 and 2017.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The line graph illustrates how many people paid visits to a Caribbean island and where they stayed in seven years: from 2010 to 2017.

Overall, the total number of tourists increased significantly throughout the years. In addition, the number of visitors choosing to stay on cruise ships is the lowest before being overtaken by the another.

There used to be approximately 750 thousand people dwelling on islands at the beginning, which is followed by the number sharply increasing to reach 1.5 million in the next three years. In the meantime, visitors on cruise ships fluctuated between around 500 thousand and 1 million. Afterward, those staying on the island remained unchanged and suddenly dropped in the former midway through 2015, which means it was surpassed by the number of cruise ships’ customers.

The total figure sharply rose in the first six years and underwent a plateau of around 2.7 million in 2016. However, the number increased significantly to reach 3.5 million at the end of the period, which means it experienced a threefold increase.