The graph below shows the number of tourists visiting a particular Caribbean island between 2012 and 2017 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The graph below shows the number of tourists visiting a particular Caribbean island between 2012 and 2017. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

The graph presents an overview of the number of tourists visiting a particular Caribbean island between 2010 and 2017. As can be seen from the graph from 2010 to 2017 the number of tourists rose significantly. The total amount of visitors of the island had increased by 2.5 million by the end of the 2017.

From this, the amount of tourists staying on island remained static for the first year, then it rose steadily until 2013. After two years of maintaining the same level, it dipped slightly in 2016 but continued to soar from then onwards.

Furthermore, there was an upward trend in the number of visitors staying on cruise ships. From 2010 to 2012 the number rose up to 0,5 million but slightly dropped in the 2012. However, from that time on there was a steady growth accounting for 2 million visitors in 2017.