The graph below shows the number of trips made by children in one country to travel to and from school in 1990 and 2010 using various modes of transport Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where rele

The graph below shows the number of trips made by children in one country to travel to and from school in 1990 and 2010 using various modes of transport. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

The bar chart illustrates the several trips made by children in a particular country in 1990 and 2010. The five modes of transport were car passenger, walking, cycling, walking with bus and bus. Overall, it can be seen that in 1990, walking was the most popular among the five means of carry whilst in 2010, car was the fist choice of children for move.

Wylie in 1990 car passenger was the least useful accounting for around 4 million trips, in 2010 cycling become the least useful with 2 million trips. most children walked to and from school in 1990 and the total trips amounted to more than 12 million. taking the bus and cycling were second and third choice with a total of 7 million and 6 million per annum. Combination of walking and bus made a little less than 6 million trips in that year and car shift was the least popular at just over 4 million trips annually.

On the other hand, travelling by car became the number one mode of transport for children in 2010 amounting to around 12 million trips yearly. This was followed by walking (6 million trips) and taking the bus (5 million trips). bus with walking and cycling were the least utilised among the five modes and accounting for 2 million and 3 million trips .