The graph shows the percentage of UK adolescents following a vegetarian diet Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The graph shows the percentage of UK adolescents following a vegetarian diet.
Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The line graph illustrates the proportion of UK young people who have a vegetarian diet within the course of 20 years starting from 1960.
Overall, the rate increased sharply during the first 3 decades before dwindling gradually in the next 30 years. After 2000 the percentage of vegetarians rose slightly and stayed steady in the last 10 years.
From 1960 to 1980, the rate of vegetable eaters went up dramatically, hitting the zenith at more than 15% in the final year. However, it experienced a gradual fall of about 10% in the next decade, reaching around 7%. Ten years later, the rate of eaters witnessed a frequent fluctuation between 8% and 5%, which was the signal that young people might not take interest in the meat-free diet anymore.
From 2000, there was a climb in the young vegetarians, but in a moderate manner, from under 5% to over 10%. After 2010, there was no special change in it; the proportion plateaued at around 12%.