The illustrations show how chocolate is produced Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The illustrations show how chocolate is produced.
Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

The diagram provides an overview of the production of chocolate.
In general, the production line is divided into 10 different steps with multiple physical and chemical processes as well as temperature conditions.
The procedure commences with ripe cacao pods, recognisable with its red color. These pods are harvested from cacao trees, indigenous to South America, Africa and India, and broken up in order for white beans to be collected. Subsequently, these beans are fermented and dehydrated under sunlight. After cacao beans are dried, large sacks are used to contain them.
During the next step of the process, cacao beans are transported by train or lorry to a factory. Next, they are roasted 350 degrees Celsius before being crushed and having their shells removed. Finally, the inner part of the cacao beans are pressed using two rollers and liquid chocolate is made as a result.