Many feel that being fully present in the moment is more valuable than thinking of the future in terms of both nations and their residents In my opinion this claim is untrue and shortsighted Firstly countries must look to the future to ensure the safe flo

Many feel that being fully present in the moment is more valuable than thinking of the future in terms of both nations and their residents. In my opinion, this claim is untrue and shortsighted.
Firstly, countries must look to the future to ensure the safe flourishing of all citizens. A country that simply looks to maximize current moments might make unwise decisions that could quickly have catastrophic repercussions. A well-known example of this would be the actions not taken by the United States government in the build-up to The Great Recession of 2007 – 2009. Authorities and governing bodies ignored the over-leveraging of assets and the potential for foreclosures on real estate properties. When the worst scenario occurred, the result was that millions lost their homes and the entire world plunged into a period of stagnation. This same principle applies generally beyond economics and includes the military, medicine, social welfare, and so on.