The pie chart below shows the main reason why agricultural land becomes less productive The table shows how these causes affected three regions of the world during the 1990s Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make c

The pie chart below shows the main reason why agricultural land becomes less productive. The table shows how these causes affected three regions of the world during the 1990s. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The pie chart provides four different reasons for the degradation of agricultural lands around the globe while the given table numerically explained (by percentage) how the causes of less productivity of the agricultural lands affected the three countries (North America, Europe and Oceania) in 1990.

Over-grazing caused the highest factor for the global land degradation followed by deforestation, Over-cultivation and other. Those causes have affected by 35, 30,28 and 7 percent respectively.

When it comes to the total area of land degraded, Europe reported the highest percentage among 3 regions (23%) whereas North America was the least (5%). Most of the North American lands became less productivity because of the over-cultivation which was the third largest factor of farmland degradation globally. Deforestation, the second largest reason, caused the factor for European land became less productive. Oceania has the least less productive land and it degraded by the factor which resulted the most less productive land worldwide.

Even though, over-grazing was the major reason for less productivity of worldwide agricultural land, it has not same influential for all the regions. The table has clearly depicted that factor