The pie chart below shows the main reasons why agricultural land becomes less productive The table shows how these causes affected three regions of the world during the 1990s Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make

The pie chart below shows the main reasons why agricultural land becomes less productive. The table shows how these causes affected three regions of the world during the 1990s. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. Write at least 150 words.

The given data represents the main reason why agricultural land becomes less productive. In 1990's percentage of land degraded by Europe was 23% which was highest and North America at the lowest with 5%.
According to the given data, over grazing contributes with the largest percentage (35%) which is one of the main causes of worldwide land degradation, where factors like over cultivation and deforestation have also added 25-30% of degradation of land. There are some other minor man-made factors which have resulted in causing degradation.
Interestingly, the table provided shows the causes of land degradation by region. Europeans contribute a major amount of degradation in deforestation (9.8%) and over cultivation with 7.7% while deforestation in North America is the lowest. From these three regions, over grazing is highest in Oceania (11.3%) while other two regions range from 1-6%. For future generations these regions should cut their percentage of land degradation and should start working on making their land productive.