The pie charts below show the percentage of housing owned and rented in the UK in 1991 and 2007 Summarize the information by describing the main features of the charts and making comparisons where appropriate Write at least 150 words

The pie charts illustrates the total number of houses in 2007 and 1991 in UK, divided by four categories depending if there are owned rented. At a glance, as the number of total houses as the owned ones have increased from 1991 to 2007.

Firstly, the number of total houses in UK was 22 million in 1991 and increased to 27 million in 2007 . Moreover, the number of owners climbed too, while in 1991 was almost 55%, eighteen years later was almost a quarter of the total. Secondly, the number of social housing and renting, decreased from 10% to 3% and from 17% to 10% respectively. Finally, the number of private renting remained stable during the period

All in All, during the years beetween 1991 and 2007, the trend of the inhabitants of the UK was to buy their own houses in spite of to keep depending from the state.

Essays by the user: