The pie charts provided illustrate two major changes in the use of modes of transport to a certain university between 2004 and 2009

The pie charts provided illustrate two major changes in the use of modes of transport to a certain university between 2004 and 2009.

The pie charts compare the difference in five means of transport for people who travel to a specific university in 2004 and 2009.

Overall, there was a significant change in three types of transport, namely: bus, bicycle, and car. After 5 years, people tended to use mass transit as the main mode of transportation.
In 2004, over half of the people (51%) preferred to use cars as their method of transport, followed by buses with 33%. However, the figure for car users experienced a dramatic decrease to only 23% in 2009. Witnessing a reverse trend, the percentage of bus-based travelers rose by 13% after a 5-year period.

An upward trend was observed in the proportions of pedestrians, train passengers, and bike riders. After a half-decade, a substantial rise was seen in bicycle share, from 9% to 16%. The remaining two types of transport increased slightly by 2% in walking and 1% for trains, which made them the least favoured by travelers.